Nemo Museum in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is a world-class city with plenty of things to do. From museums and parks to cafes and nightlife, the city has a lot to offer visitors.
No matter what your interests are, there is something for you in Amsterdam. The wealth of art in the city’s museums can keep art lovers occupied for days, and the great restaurants and nightlife can entertain foodies and partiers as well. For those that love sightseeing, boat tours and cycle tours are available, too.
To help you decide how to spend your time, below is my list of the top 10 things to do in Amsterdam.
1. Visit the Anne Frank House museum for a glimpse into history. Go in the evening to avoid long lines.
2. Look at the works of the Dutch masters in the Rijksmuseum.
3. Go to the excellent van Gogh museum to see the artist’s most famous paintings.
4. Learn how beer is brewed at the Heineken Experience.
5. Take a walk in the beautiful Vondelpark and get a drink at the Blue Teapot cafe in the middle of the grounds.
6. Rent a bike in Amsterdam and ride along the canals and out into the countryside.
7. Taste the local gin drink, genever.
8. Go on a boat tour of Amsterdam and hop on and off at different attractions along the canals.
9. Go shopping in Amsterdam’s funky Jordaan district and visit the excellent Noordermarkt on Saturdays.
10. Walk along the canals and visit the floating flower market in Amsterdam.