San Sebastian is a city that can keep visitors busy for a long time. With its great beaches, world-class cuisine and beautiful architecture, it’s hard to narrow down a list of things to do and see.
To help you plan your trip and narrow down what can feel like an endless array of choices, here is a list of the top 10 things to do in San Sebastian:
1. Eat a mouth-watering gelato at Gelateria Boulevard (located at Alameda Boulevard 20). It has some of the best gelato in the city, and is the perfect place to go on a hot summer day.
2. Spend a leisurely afternoon with a glass of wine or cup of coffee at one of the many outdoor cafes in San Sebastian
3. Visit the Mercado de la Bretxa, an underground food market in the center of San Sebastian
4. Party the night away at Etxekalte bar or Bataplan
5. Walk around admiring the beautiful buildings and historic architecture in San Sebastian
6. Hike up to the top of the hill near the old town. There you can explore the old fort and take in the views of the city below.
7. Try surfing in San Sebastian’s Atlantic waters
8. Lie out on La Concha beach on a summer day
9. Eat dinner at a three Michelin starred restaurant (Akelare restaurant is my favorite)
10. Spend an evening bar hopping and sampling the best pintxos in the old town